Thursday, July 12, 2007

I did it...Part II

Persistence really does pay off - and a lot of self-help via google and the internet. I have learned how to insert a link into this blog (see previous post - Kal's a constant source of inspiration - Go See Her Blog, You'll See.) Yay for me.

I've also learned that I've got my own classroom - Room 227 - on the second floor with the majority of the English faculty which means if I need resuscitation during our twenty minute lunch period they will all be free to breathe with me. This is a good thing B.E.C.A.U.S.E. I have also been given my class assignments - two tenth grade level ones, one twelfth grade level one and two twelfth grade level twos, one being an inclusion class. My understanding is I may have an aide for my inclusion class and an extra prep period every other day..for reflection?? I'm ready - let's bring it on.

4 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

Now that you have the assignments it will start feeling even more real.

Speaking of assignments...There are these things called MEMEs that bloggers do to jump start their networks, I guess. It's new to me. I promise not to do it again but...
You've been tagged!
I guess I'm supposed to direct you to my blog (The "tagged" post is below the one you read today) and then your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to read the "rules" and write 8 random things about yourself. :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey, if your teaching position doesn't pan out, we're hiring teachers in the Michigan Department of Corrections. Just let me know and I'll arrange the interview. Other than that, good luck! As for meme, I'm behind in my assignments -- I've got two on the back burner (including Patterns of Ink).

gramakas said...

I sooooooooooooooooooooo admire school teachers!!! Back in the last century (1967-1970) I was an elementary education major. Thank goodness I never finished because I don't think I really could have survived the actual classroom. But it is always exciting to start the new school year... atleast the new clothes, new supplies part! Good luck and I wish you a fabulous year.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Hey, it's been a while. I know the weeks are going to be a blur as school starts, but keep us posted!