Saturday, April 11, 2009

It Is Good...

Same Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together Same Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I haven't been this touched by a book since I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb, and by this I mean I kept looking to see how many pages were left because I just didn't want the story to come to an end. I initially picked up the book off of my bureau to merely scan the cover excerpts and by Page 3 I was hooked. In parts, I laughed out loud, cried out loud and even scoffed out loud at some of Mr. Hall's "name" dropping, but I never put it down. This is a book about faith and friendship and choosing to believe in some part of all of those around us - good, bad and not-so-sure. Though I struggle with the ideas of divination and after-death visitations (the concrete side of my personality is still working on this) - I believe Denver, no struggle at all.


No comments: