Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Checked Out...

The Six Wives of Henry VIII
Alison Weir

and I've calculated that if I read 15 pages every night I will finish it in six weeks. I just might be the seventh wife who loves to hate him.

Speaking of spouses:

He says: Hey kid, whatcha up to?
She says: I've been researching Mexican novelists for the past four days and I'm getting nowhere.
He says: What about The Good Conscience by Carlos Fuentes? I think it's in the garage.
She says: Only you could pull that one out of your... [How DOES he do that?]

My husband, the Genius - who just frantically called work, looking for his "lost cell phone" which he JUST MOMENTS earlier placed on his desk five feet from where he was standing, frantically calling work, looking for his "lost cell phone." I love him the best.

Henry the VIII be damned !

No comments: